/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/joe_cappel_logo.png 0 0 joe.cappel7 /wp-content/uploads/2017/10/joe_cappel_logo.png joe.cappel72020-03-19 18:50:272021-03-13 15:13:48Wave Petunia Instructions & Care
The best use for Wave Petunias:
- Wave Petunias can be planted in just about any sunny location. They have outstanding garden performance, work well in hanging baskets, large containers and window boxes.
Storing your Wave Petunias:
- Waves can be Planted outside once night time low temperatures stay above 40 Degrees.
- you can plant them earlier, if you want to cover them with a sheet when temperatures drop below 40 Degrees.
- Store in a sunny location.
- Plants will dry out faster when in the sun, so keep that in mind.
- Outside sun is better than sun through a window.
- Windows can magnify the sunlight and “cook” the plants if unmonitored.
- Bring back inside at night.
- Plants will yellow out significantly if they are not given enough sunlight.
- Do NOT over water your plants. This will cause root rot, and plants will die.
- Watering in the morning is always recommended. you don’t want the foliage to be wet at night.
- Symptoms ov over watering ore the same as under watering, so check soil moisture before you water your plants.
- Let soil slightly dry out between waterings.
A few things to remember when planting Wave Petunias:
- Plant Wave Petunias after the last spring frost when night temperatures stay above 40 degrees consistently.
- Plant in full sun (minimum of 6 hours per day).
- The more established the plant, the more heat tolerant it is. If you can, plant your Wave Petunias early enough to enable them to establish strong root systems before high temperatures set in.
- Maintain the same plant depth as the original pot or pack.
- Space Wave Petunias 12 to 24 in. apart in garden beds.
- For lush, full container displays, place 3 plants in a 10-12 in. container, hanging basket or patio planter. Larger containers will require additional plants for an attractive, proportioned display.
- Don’t let your Wave Petunias dry out between watering. If possible, water your plants in the morning so the foliage dries before evening.
- Wave Petunias are heavy “feeders”. Apply a liquid fertilizer every 10-14 days.
- Wave Petunias are low-maintenance. The faded blooms will dry up and drop off the plants on their own.
- You can prune your Petunias if they get too overgrown.
- I recommend doing this if you want a fuller plant.
- Cut leaders back to desired length.
- This will stimulate new growth and better branching